Inviting Applications for the Summer Fellowship Program at
Samarthan- Centre for Development Support
Research on Internal Migration in Madhya Pradesh
- About the Organization- Samarthan- Centre for Development Support is a leading non-profit organization working in the Indian states of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh since 1995. The organization works towards promoting participatory development and good governance in both urban and rural areas.
- Project Background- Over the last three years Samarthan has been deeply involved in working towards promoting the rights of the internal migrants in Madhya Pradesh through its project “Promoting rights of the socially and economically deprived migrant workers” funded by the Jamshedji Tata Trust by reaching out to migrants and the families through interventions at both the sending and receiving communities.
- Position- Samarthan invites applications for the 2013 Summer Fellowship program to conduct primary research on internal migration in Madhya Pradesh.
- Work Location- Samarthan, Bhopal.
- Period of Assignment- 1st May 2013- 30th June 2013.
- Remuneration- the Fellow will be given a monthly subsistence allowance of Rs 25,000 during the period of fellowship.
- Eligibility- Applicants for the Fellowships should have completed a PhD in Social Sciences and should have published academic work in reputed journal. The applicant should have experience in researching on migration or similar issues in developing countries.
- Deliverables- the Fellow will be expected to complete a research study and submit a report of publishable quality during their stay and make a presentation at a National Conference to be organized by Samarthan in the last week of June.
- How to Apply- Applications should be addressed to The Executive Director, Samarthan Centre for Development Support, 36 Green Avenue, Chuna Bhatti, Kolar Road, Bhopal- 462016 and may be submitted through the post or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications should include a covering letter, curriculum vitae with names of two referees and a writing sample preferably published in a peer reviewed journal.
- Last Date- The final date for receipt of applications is Monday, 5th April 2013. Late applications will not be accepted. The successful candidate will be informed of the decision by the end of 20th April.